blob: d215cd5d8ca51af82f1cb6e8fb15e21ba678e583 (plain
OpenZFS is an advanced file system and volume manager which was originally
developed for Solaris and is now maintained by the OpenZFS community.
This repository contains the code for running OpenZFS on Linux and FreeBSD.
# Official Resources
* [Documentation](https://openzfs.github.io/openzfs-docs/) - for using and developing this repo
* [ZoL Site](https://zfsonlinux.org) - Linux release info & links
* [Mailing lists](https://openzfs.github.io/openzfs-docs/Project%20and%20Community/Mailing%20Lists.html)
* [OpenZFS site](http://open-zfs.org/) - for conference videos and info on other platforms (illumos, OSX, Windows, etc)
Full documentation for installing OpenZFS on your favorite Linux distribution can
be found at the [ZoL Site](https://zfsonlinux.org/).
# Contribute & Develop
We have a separate document with [contribution guidelines](./.github/CONTRIBUTING.md).
We have a [Code of Conduct](./CODE_OF_CONDUCT.md).
OpenZFS is released under a CDDL license.
For more details see the NOTICE, LICENSE and COPYRIGHT files; `UCRL-CODE-235197`
# Supported Kernels
* The `META` file contains the officially recognized supported Linux kernel versions.
* Supported FreeBSD versions are 12-STABLE and 13-CURRENT.