Diffstat (limited to 'zlib.h')
1 files changed, 6 insertions, 5 deletions
@@ -712,11 +712,12 @@ ZEXTERN int ZEXPORT deflateParams OF((z_streamp strm,
used to switch between compression and straight copy of the input data, or
to switch to a different kind of input data requiring a different strategy.
If the compression approach (which is a function of the level) or the
- strategy is changed, and if any input has been consumed in a previous
- deflate() call, then the input available so far is compressed with the old
- level and strategy using deflate(strm, Z_BLOCK). There are three approaches
- for the compression levels 0, 1..3, and 4..9 respectively. The new level
- and strategy will take effect at the next call of deflate().
+ strategy is changed, and if there have been any deflate() calls since the
+ state was initialized or reset, then the input available so far is
+ compressed with the old level and strategy using deflate(strm, Z_BLOCK).
+ There are three approaches for the compression levels 0, 1..3, and 4..9
+ respectively. The new level and strategy will take effect at the next call
+ of deflate().
If a deflate(strm, Z_BLOCK) is performed by deflateParams(), and it does
not have enough output space to complete, then the parameter change will not