Diffstat (limited to 'ssl/s3_cbc.c')
1 files changed, 4 insertions, 3 deletions
diff --git a/ssl/s3_cbc.c b/ssl/s3_cbc.c
index 7d9c3776973d..8377d7fe13dc 100644
@@ -1,5 +1,5 @@
- * Copyright 2012-2016 The OpenSSL Project Authors. All Rights Reserved.
+ * Copyright 2012-2018 The OpenSSL Project Authors. All Rights Reserved.
* Licensed under the OpenSSL license (the "License"). You may not use
* this file except in compliance with the License. You can obtain a copy
@@ -256,12 +256,13 @@ int ssl3_cbc_digest_record(const EVP_MD_CTX *ctx,
* of hash termination (0x80 + 64-bit length) don't fit in the final
* block, we say that the final two blocks can vary based on the padding.
* TLSv1 has MACs up to 48 bytes long (SHA-384) and the padding is not
- * required to be minimal. Therefore we say that the final six blocks can
+ * required to be minimal. Therefore we say that the final |variance_blocks|
+ * blocks can
* vary based on the padding. Later in the function, if the message is
* short and there obviously cannot be this many blocks then
* variance_blocks can be reduced.
- variance_blocks = is_sslv3 ? 2 : 6;
+ variance_blocks = is_sslv3 ? 2 : ( ((255 + 1 + md_size + md_block_size - 1) / md_block_size) + 1);
* From now on we're dealing with the MAC, which conceptually has 13
* bytes of `header' before the start of the data (TLS) or 71/75 bytes